Sunday, May 02, 2010

An Automotive Education

I've always said that my love of European cars stems almost entirely from my upbringing. Out of curiosity, I recently emailed my dad, Normailty, and asked him to hook me up with list of all the cars my family drove—both foreign and domestic—from the time I was born until I went to college. It's actually pretty interesting. And just to be clear, even though the first one was a '73 Beetle—I wasn't born until '76.
1973 Volkswagen Beetle (Red): 1973 Volkswagen Bus (Two-tone Tan/White):
Normality and Kyality doing some auto-bonding.
1980 Dodge Omni (Copper)
1973 BMW Bavaria (Red):
1973 Ford Pinto Wagon (Ketchup Red) Awesome!
1974 BMW 2002 tii (White):
JessInTheCity and Kyality getting dirrty.
1974 Renault LeCar 3-door Hatch (Orange): 1974 BMW Bavaria (Tan)
1980 Toyota Corolla SR5 Liftback (Yellow)
1975 Renault LeCar 5-door Hatch (Navy Blue)

1980 Saab 99 2-door (Navy Blue): 1988 Dodge Caravan (Charcoal Grey)
1
976 BMW 2002 (Cherry Red):
This is a pic of the actual car guest starring my little bro Snizzle.
1988 Chevrolet Nova (Silver)
1973 BMW 2002 (Blue)

1990 Volvo 240 DL (Black):
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Metallic Blue)
1988 BMW M5 (Black):
So figure that we had least two cars at any given time and you can see that I've always been exposed to a healthy dose of Euro-autos. Fun little list. Now you know where my sickness comes from. Thanks Pa.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic list. I'm trying to get the same out of my parents right now...I've got a rough chronology in my head, but model years and such are a big question mark.

kyality said...

Thanks for the note. I'm now trying to get my pa to sign up for one of these posters: http://kyality.blogspot.com/2009/08/all-cars-i-ever-owned.html

Unknown said...

Nice post Kyality. Others might find this of big help. http://www.i80equipment.com/crane-trucks.shtml
Try this best equipment company that offers new and reconditioned trucks for your equipment needs. It’s the best site that offers the best deals. It’s worth it, it won’t let you down.

nova driving school said...

Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to me. Driving school in Lorton

Mehak Shaikh said...

hi

information technology said...

Great! Really This article is very informative, useful and interesting and also have a beautiness by its cars pictures. Thanks for sharing this informative article with us. I've enjoyed it. Do you know that the suzuki presented the seven-seat crossover XL7. Suzuki XL7 boasts a rather roomy interior, which can not be said for its dimensions: the length reaches only 4,450 mm, and the width and height are 1,775 and 1,710 mm, respectively. A one and a half liter gasoline engine, combined with a 5MKPP or a four-speed automatic transmission, is responsible for the performance of a seven-seat crossover. The manufacturer has not yet disclosed the cost of the novelty. Recall that earlier, the XL7 prefix wore a five-meter carzaamin(.)com/blog/suzuki-cultus-for-sale-in-lahore-pakistan/ Suzuki crossover for the US market. It was based on the first-generation Chevrolet Equinox platform and was produced from 2006 to 2009

cooking copy said...

His philosophy that a rising tide floats all boats motivates him to listen and learn so he can presume to teach.centralina aggiuntiva chippower

filmmax said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is wonderful blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back. ban alat berat

Willeum Bruch said...

Mary and that i very much appreciated your knowledge through your articles in certain things. I am aware that you have many demands on your own program so the fact that you took as much time like you did to steer people like us by means of this article is actually highly valued.centralina aggiuntiva benzina gpl

Unknown said...

Heh that's my E3 from back in the day in that photo